Tuesday 1 May 2012

Its the Merry May Marching Society


No It's anything but that - fortunately

But yes -its another month and you know what that means...

May is Doubt Land 4 Month
The final issue of Doubtland is unleashed at just £1 per copy. This title continues to do well, this issue sold out at the comika comiket! As well as concluding the story there are 4 pages of back matter, including a epilogue by Alan Dean Foster and a rarely seen essay by Jim Steranko on the making of the comic book adaptation of outland



That alone must be worth £1?!

Copies as ever are on sale now via ebay and will be for the rest of this month

Just click the link below to get your copy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160793145856#ht_574wt_1156 

Doubt land collected?
Already a few people have asked will Doubt land be collected - Well certainly not at the moment, but if enough of you email and ask then sure, why not?

Images Degrading Monthly
May also sees the third issue of Images Degrading Monthly - so far this has been doing very well indeed, with at least 150 copies of each issue given away for FREE!

This month we continue in print and in digital format with some great new content!



Including a great interview with Mike Medaglia the artist of "Wet Ashes" and "Wu Wei" and a feature on Emancipation Studios home of the hot new independent comic WIRED

If you would like a digital copy, just drop me a email - if you want to get this in print, just drop down to orbital comics, there will be a few copies on the front counter from Saturday 5th May

The next project?!
Having finally completed my attempt at adapting Jack Kirby's 2001- the question is what is next?

Already there is one suggestion I have put on the table and a vote from a blog reader - (Thanks Mauricio Yamashita for your vote) for Watchmen

You will note I have not said what I actually intend to do if that is my next project, I am hoping that the images I have drawn may give people a clue…

Since then, I have heard from two more people with two more suggestions

So let's hear it for Ed Hilyer who suggested I try something by José Antonio Muñoz

And a certain Doug Noble (Who long time readers will remember suggested I do 2001 in the first place) has gone for Hugo Pratt (interestingly enough José Antonio Muñoz studied under Hugo pratt)

Well what I am going to do as well as ask you all to vote on one of these three is of course to attempt at least one drawing by each - so over the next few weeks voting will be ongoing and next week I will put up something by José Antonio Muñoz and the week after that something by Hugo Pratt I have already attempted a drawing by Sir David Gibbons OBE but here's another one to tide you over...



For making the suggestions all three people Mauricio, Ed and Doug can have the original drawing sent to them in the post for free - just send me a email

Voting will close and I will make a choice the same day the Hugo pratt drawing goes up which will be Thursday 17th May

if there is not enough votes for a majority - I will make a vote myslef!

Anyone who votes I will give a free sketch to as well, some come on already!


Is that it for may?!
As far as i can remember , but then my memory is notoriously unreliable - I have probably forgot something rather important… I don't think I was getting married or anything ?!

Join me for the final page of Milk and Cheese in 2 days time , Thursday 3rd may


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.